Our Deaf Awareness Courses provide cover the following in 3 hours and we will train up to 20 people in each session
Deaf awareness Training
To understand d/Deaf people’s needs
To understand how communication barriers can be broken down.
- Terminology used to describe deafness
- The different means of communication including Lipreading exercises and basic BSL
- Discrimination and the barriers affecting deaf people every day
- Barriers to communication and overcoming them
- Equipment available to support independence
- Communication services
We are able to adapt the basic training to meet your needs, but will need to meet and discuss this with them at least a week prior to the training date and there will be a cost applied for the meeting.
Our sessions are fully interactive, involving quizzes, group exercises and if appropriate some role play.