Deafconnect volunteers host and run a 50+ BSL group with funding from Northampton Community Foundation. It's mostly aimed at 50+ but we welcome anyone who wants to join us.
We arrange events and activities held every fortnight on Fridays between 10.30am - 3pm at Spencer Dallington Community Centre.
The volunteers organise a variety of events throughout the year like:
- General socialising days, where we chat over a cup of tea and biscuits.
- Games days where we play dominoes or cards.
- Craft activity days where we learn new skills like; pottery, painting, flower arranging, Easter Egg decoration and making Christmas Wreaths.
- Shopping parties selling candles or clothing.
- Guest speakers from other Deaf charities and services or from Public sector like Health or council.
- Day trips to seaside, special deaf events or just to the pub for a meal
- All events are accessible, interpreter support is provided if needed.
- Entry fee is a small amount to cover unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits
What are you waiting for?? Come and join us!