Sign singing flash mob
Wear your best Christmas jumper
Meet at 1pm – Grosvenor centre in Northampton, downstairs
Practice clips coming soon
More information from Lauren
Deafconnect are pleased to announce that we are launching a new Hard of Hearing service from Monday 19th November. This service will be available across Northamptonshire and surrounding areas and will be funded for 5 years by Big Lottery Fund.
Our aims are to:
· Provide support and guidance to people with new hearing aids to get the most out of them, to promote independence and health and wellbeing.
· Counselling, advice and information.
· Provide information and advice on assistive equipment to promote independence.
· Provide coping tactics and strategies for everyday life.
· Visit care homes to help support the use of hearing aids and deaf awareness.
· Support family and friends to educate and keep in contact via Next Generation Texting, use of equipment etc.
· Reach people who have no means of visiting the Audiology Department to check and maintain hearing aids, promoting health and wellbeing
· Attend support groups across the county and lip reading classes
We also aim to train and manage a group of volunteers who have hearing loss or deafness, so that they are confident in themselves and can then support their hard of hearing peers within the community to learn how to use and manage their hearing loss, thus reducing loneliness and isolation.
Deafconnect has recruited a part time Volunteer Co-ordinator and a part time Volunteer Support and Admin Assistant who will begin offering the support until volunteers can be recruited and trained to provide the service.
Volunteers will run Self Help Support groups in at least 5 locations in the county. These will provide the on-going support some need. Speakers on a variety of topics including coping tactics and relaxation, will be booked for these groups so that hard of hearing and deafened individuals can access information about new subjects.
For more information or how to get involved please contact us.